Rainy Friday in Barcelona (yes, it happens) so I wanted to prepare something nice to have with my coffee. As I had a bowl of apples in the kitchen, I decided to use them. Also, I used other fruits I had in the freezer to make variety of muffins.
Super easy to prepare, healthy as I didnt add any sugar and gluten-free, based on oat flour.
Make your super fast muffins this afternoon!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of almond
- chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 4 apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- little bit of water
- fruits to add if you want
- dark chocolate (1 square)
- 2 tbs of cocoa (optional)
- Peel apples and chop in small pieces. Put to the pan with coconut oil and cinnamon and cook for few minutes.
- Put almonds and walnuts to the blender to make flour.
- Mash bananas (with a fork or in a blender)
- In a bowl combine: oat flour, almonds, walnuts, eggs, soda, baking powder and add the apple mix. Start adding water and stir until all is combined.
- You can add cocoa to the dough if you fancy chocolate muffins.
- Put the dough to the forms and insert extra fruits or grate dark chocolate on top.
- Bake approx 20-25 min in 160C.