Yesterday I made my favourite sugar-free cookies with some blueberries and dark chocolate. As I am still following the FIT 6 program, I am determined to bake healthy and reduce sugar in my kitchen as much as it is possible.
Also, I dont use white flour anymore. Instead, I use oats and I make flour out of them. Super easy and much healthier. If you are gluten-free, you can find gluten-free oats in most of the shops with healthy food.
To have a bit of sweetness, I use a ripe banana and fruits. This way, there is no need to use sugar or other sweeteners. If you want your cookies to be even sweeter, use 2 bananas. Let’s stay healthy!
I use sparkling water (Vichy Catalan) to make my cookies soft and grow nicely.
It takes 20 minutes to prepare them, so it is an easy snack for the afternoon coffee break. From the below recipe, there are about 20 cookies.
- 2.5 cups of oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- sparkling water or normal water (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 ripe banana
- half of dark chocolate (min.75% cocoa)
- fresh or frozen fruits (blueberries)
- Mash the banana with a fork and put in the bowl.
- Put oat flour, almonds, eggs, bicarbonate soda and water. Mix it well and leave it for 5 min. This way, the water will be absorbed and it will be easier to form cookies.
- Put baking paper in the tray and form cookies.
- Grate dark chocolate.
- Put fruits on top of the cookies and dark chocolate.
- Put the tray to the pre-heated oven in 150 C.
- Bake for 10-15 min. (It is good to check after 10 min)