It is not easy to be on a diet, especially when you are expecting friends to come over for a movie night and a pizza! Being in my second month of FIT6 program, I faced this problem and the smell of a pizza in the oven almost killed me. That is the reason why I searched how to make my own, homemade pizza made with oat flour. After the first attempt, it was not perfect so the next time, I tried to add few things that I had thought were missing before. It came out perfectly and probably even better than I expected, looking that the only flour I used was oat flour.
This pizza looks like a pizza and the slices don’t fall apart, you can hold them as in a normal pizza! Moreover, the preparation is very simple and even people who start in the kitchen, can easily make it without any trouble!
Healthy, tasty pizza is now possible!
- 1.5 cup oat flour
- 2 tbs ground flax seeds
- 0.5 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 tbsp baking powder/ or bicarbonated soda
- salt, pepper, oregano
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cayenne pepper
- spices: salt, pepper
- serrano jam
- fresh oregano to put when pizza is ready for serving
- Sauce: Cut tomatoes and blend them with garlic and cayenne. Put it in the saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 15 min until the water vaporates. Put aside.
- Base: Heat up the oven for 200 C degrees. In a bowl, comine all the ingredients for the base and spread on the tray with the baking paper. Bake for 15 min.
- Take the base from the oven and put the sauce and toppings on. Bake for 15 min.
- Use fresh oregano on top for serving.
Of course, toppings are absolutely up to you, whatever you like and can eat! If you don’t want your sauce to be spicy, don’t put the cayenne peppers!
Enjoy! Now, being on a healthy diet is possible! If you wonder about the FIT6 program, please contact me for details.