Vegetarian burgers/ patties are one of my favourite dishes because they are very easy to prepare, we can use everything we have in the kitchen and we can do enough to last for a few days.
In addition, they are delicious and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner alone, or with toppings. I made veggie burgers for breakfast with an egg on top.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 broccoli
- 1-2 peppers
- 1 small onion
- about 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup boiled quinoa
- 1 egg (optional)
- spices: salt, pepper, spicy and sweet pepper, ginger
You can also add:
- potatoes or sweet potatoes
- In a blender (I use Nutribullet), we blend broccoli, peppers, onion. Zucchini can be blended or grated. I prefer grating as there is less water that way.
- We put our blended ingredients into the bowl and add the rest and mix all together.
- If we add an egg, it is going to stick better. However, the egg is optional. I did without, instead, I used more flour and I used the egg on top.
- The amount of flour depends on how wet is our mix. We don’t want to have too much water because the patties won’t stick. When we fry and see that they don’t hold together, add more flour.
- Fry in coconut oil or olive oil, both sides.
- Serving is up to you! I served it with a pouched egg and fresh basil.